Wednesday 10 October 2007

Last and latest


Recently I have been pretty stagnant and not really been making anything for a number of reasons. But I've been absorbing the sights and have taken alot in and think that this year may have a great impact on my work.

I have just moved to Krakow, Poland where the sculpture is very academic and traditional. I will be spending the year on one sculpture in clay of the female figure. I'm also going to learn the processes involved with metalwork, bronze, ceramics and animation. This is going to be a year of technical improvement and learning processes, which I'm really looking forward to.


At the end of last year I experimented a little with resin. This is a long piece of blue knitting that I coated in resin until it was so stiff that it could stand alone. The resin also made the knitting translucent making it look more like glass.

No comments: