Friday 24 April 2009

going green

I have recently started to experiment using seeds. So far I have planted grass seeds and cress. I have little experience in gardening so this has opened up an area of the unkown, which I am finding exciting. I like the idea that it will input colour in the forms and allow a natural growth to determine the work. It will be freer and the work will become more like my creations as I will have to nurture and tend to their growth over a long period of time.
It is teaching me about the natural world and the fundamental biology makeup of our physical world. There is the planting, growth and death. There is colour. There is chance and unpredictibility. There is discovery and education. I am not sure what will happen or how it will turn out, but the experimentation with a completely new medium is exciting.

No comments: